Business Opportunities for a Water-Smart Society, 7th of May, Brussels
Date: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 14:00 – 18:00
Location: BluePoint Brussels A. Reyerslaan 80 – 1030 Brussel
BusDev forum matching Technology needs and offerings
A Water-Smart Society can be realized by developing resilient and sustainable solutions for key water challenges. Both society and industry should optimally use and valorize water resources to avoid scarcity and pollution. Technological innovations are an essential component to realize this ambition.
The challenge is to find the right technology partners which can fill in the needs and can help to resolve actual and future water challenges. Agoria, WssTP and VLAKWA decided to join forces to organize an event that will connect the demand for and the offering of technologies to identify new opportunities to find innovative solutions.
An overview of the current water challenges and a number of testimonials on successful cases in the use, treatment and distribution of water will inspire you. A matchmaking session will give you the opportunity to have a face-to-face interaction (speed dates) with the participants to explore the possibilities of a potential collaboration.
13:30 – 14:00 Registration and coffee
14:00 – 14:05 Welcome note
Introduction to Water Challenges
14:05 – 14:20 A Common Vision for Water Research and Innovation Andrea Rubini, Director of Operations, WssTP
14:20 – 14:35 Technological challenges faced by the drinking water sector Louise Vanysacker, R&D manager, De Watergroep
Tools & case studies for practical solutions
14:35 – 14:50 The unprecedented possibilities of 3D computer simulation for fast and effective process optimisation and design Wim Audenaert – AM-TEAM
14:50 – 15:05 The Water Test Network Charlotte Boeckaert – VLAKWA
15:05 – 15:20 Marriage at Cana – Transition of water with Big Data Leon Verhaegen, Senior project manager ICT & Innovation, Waterschapsbedrijf Limburg (WBL) Katinka van Aert, Senior Purchaser, Waterschapsbedrijf Limburg (WBL)
15:20 – 15:35 Presentation to be confirmed
Networking and Matchmaking
15:35 – 18:00 Networking drink
16:00 – 18:00 Matchmaking (15′ speed dates)
- Water related problem owners, e.g.
- Water service providers
- Water management authorities
- Technology providers/developers
What’s in it for you?
- Get a picture on the future technological needs in the use, treatment and distribution of water in Europe and Belgium in particular
- Get informed about the socio-economic importance of water for industry
- Get inspired by the technology needs related to water
- Learn more about innovative technological solutions
- Get to know important potential partners and learn from your peers
- Meet with other participants during a matchmaking session
Key Water Challenges
During the networking drink three discussion corners will focus on one of the following key water challenges
- Efficient Water Use (Recycling/reuse, Process efficiency, Loss reduction, Circularity)
- Water treatment (Resource recovery (energy, nutrients, critical metals), Filtration/membranes, Emerging compounds detection)
- Digitization/Automation (Process automation, Water management, Process (cyber)security, Sensoring and sampling, Robotic inspection and maintenance)
Each participant will be asked to mark his/her main topic of interest. At the event, the choice of each participant will be recognizable on his/her badge. This allows all participants to identify potential discussion partners. The networking area will be subdivided into 3 discussion zones related to one of the key water challenges.