Water Projects Europe
What is Water Projects Europe?
Water Projects Europe (WPE) is a series of events of Water Europe made to learn from and build on the experience of innovating projects working on converging topics. The event’s objectives are:
🔹 Foster collaboration and synergies between EU-funded projects.
🔹 Develop strategies for the market outreach of the projects’ outcomes.
🔹 Extract and valorise components useful to policy building.
Previous editions of Water Projects Europe
Projects participated in the previous WPE editions
Water Projects Europe 2023
– ZeroPollution4Water Cluster –
19 October – 11:00-13:30, Brussels (room Einstein C)
Hands in hands with seven projects, Water Europe is organising the first public event of the ZeroPollution4Water Cluster. Representatives from the projects and the European Commission will introduce the audience to the Cluster’s potential, ambitions, and relevance to the European landscape during the two and a half-hour session in the umbrella event Water Knowledge Europe.
The Water Projects Europe Workshop will serve as a platform to delve into the contribution to implementation of EU Legislation and Research & Innovation of the seven above EU-funded cited projects. It provides an exceptional opportunity to explore how these initiatives can complement and support one another in achieving the shared goal of ensuring water quality and safeguarding public health.
Furthermore, the seven projects will share their insights and knowledge on their ability to implement control at the source in order to preserve the quality of groundwater or surface water, to implementing risk management plans, and to fill the Research and Innovation gaps.
Do not miss the chance to join us in Brussels to experience the knowledge sharing and the network moments to achieve a pollution-free future!
Welcome and introduction
– The added value of clustering R&I projects for achieving a Water-Smart Society
💧Durk Krol, Executive Director, Water Europe
Setting the scene
– The EU Zero Pollution landscape: how R&I projects can contribute to building the interface between policy and innovation.
💧Arnoldas Milukas, EC REA Biodiversity, Circular Economy and Environment (REA.B.3) (TBC)
– Projects of the cluster: “Contribution to implementation of EU Legislation and Research & Innovation for a pollution-free future”
💧Announced by: Andrea Rubini Water Europe
💧Ainhoa Gaudes, LEITAT Technological Center – NINFA
💧Eike Thaysen, IDAEA CSIC – UPWATER
💧Rui C Martins, Coimbra University – H2O4All
💧Luuk Rietveld, TuDelft – ToDrinQ
💧Ana Pereiro, FCT NOVA – MAR2PROTECT
💧Maria Jose Farre, ICRA – intoDBP
💧Anissa Grieb, TUHH – SafeCREW
– Action Plan of the ZeroPollution4Water Cluster 2023-2024
💧Andrea Rubini, Director of Operations, Water Europe
– ICT4W Cluster & ZP4W Cluster: Building bridges and synergies.
💧Lydia Vamvakeridou-Lyroudia, ICT4W Cluster coordinator and Andrea Rubini, Director of Operations, Water Europe
– Panel Discussion and open debate with the public ”What actions or factors should be considered to promote the adoption of results from EU-funded R&I projects on Zero Pollution, while also evaluating their contribution to policy development?”’
💧DG RTD and REA representatives
💧Water Europe ZeroPollution Working Group Leadership
💧Moderated by: EC REA and EC DG RTD
Conclusions and take-aways
13:30- 14:30 Networking lunch