Water Europe position paper on the Taxonomy Report on the technical screening criteria – an opportunity to foster the benefits towards a Water-Smart-Society
Water Europe has released its latest position paper titled ‘Taxonomy Report: The technical screening criteria – an opportunity to foster the benefits towards a Water-Smart-Society’. The EU taxonomy is a classification system, establishing a list of environmentally sustainable economic activities. It aims at contributing to the EU’s climate and energy targets for 2030, the objectives of the European green deal and the directing of investments towards sustainable projects and activities. The EU Taxonomy Regulation establishes six environmental objectives:
– Climate Change mitigation
– Climate Change adaptation
– Sustainable use and protection of water and maritime resources
– Transition to a circular economy
– Pollution prevention and control
– Protection and restauration of biodiversity and ecosystems
Water Europe gave feedback on the screening criteria for drinking water, wastewater, phosphorus recovery and calling for a new chapter on professional services related to industrial wastewater.
To download the position paper, click here.